Kern Community Foundation is a vibrant nonprofit enterprise with a powerfully simple mission of growing community and growing philanthropy.
We are known as:
- a home for local philanthropists.
- a results-oriented grantmaker.
- a trusted community leader.
We are in business:
- to serve as a charitable resource for local donors and corporations.
- to generate capital that provides philanthropic solutions to help make Kern County a better place to live, to work and to visit.
Kern Community Foundation believes in philanthropy the practice of giving now and making long term investments to support effective charitable organizations and programs forever. We know that between 2010 and 2060, the residents of Kern County will transfer at least $80 billion between generations. We will work to inspire people to contribute at least 5 percent of this wealth, a total of $4 billion, to permanent endowments that could generate $200 million annually to make Kern County a better place to live, to work and to visit.